Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Take Care of your Skin – Naturally
With all the skin care creams from various companies, it is harder to choose one product without knowing how that product is going to work on your skin. Like any other task, it is better to take care of your skin yourself. You can do this at home using the natural things you usually find in your kitchen.
Some natural skin care tips are listed below step by step:
• Exfoliate: You need a natural bristle brush for doing this. You can exfoliate the dead skin cells and allow the skin to detox itself by using the dry brush exfoliation everyday before you shower. This also increases blood circulation and decreases puffiness. The gentle brushing also applies gentle pressure on the skin and thus giving a slight massage and thus calming the nervous system.
• Digestion: A good skin is said to be a reflection of a good digestive system. Have enough water throughout the day purifies your body of any toxic substance present in the body and also giving the skin a natural glow. Also include fiber in your daily diet. Whole grains have the most fiber in them, so try to include whole grains in your food. Eat enough fruits and leafy vegetables, this not only affects your skin texture but also keeps you healthy.
• Circulation: To improve and balance the blood circulation, you should keep moving. Don’t sit in one place for a long time. Going to the gym is also a good idea, this not only keeps you in shape but also removes all the toxic substances by means of sweat.
• Sugar: Excess sugar leads to premature ageing. The excess sugar entering our bloodstream leads to a process called glycation. In this process the sugar molecule damages a protein molecule by sticking to it. These damaged molecules damage collagen in our skin, cartilage and the ligaments tend to loose their elasticity. Due to this wrinkles start to form on the skin and it begins to sag.
• Fats: Fatty acids are not to be afraid of. These are simple fats that our body cannot live without. They make our cell membranes, hormones and the other chemicals in our body. These fatty acids keep our heart healthy, fight inflammation and also prevent cancer. These acids are very useful for people who have oily skin. These fatty acids are present in walnut oil, cold water fish and the fish oil supplements.