Women are the most protective about their skin, whereas men on the other hand, are least bothered. For them, the skin care ends with shaving and aftershave. The skin is the body's first shield against diseases and germs, thus men's skin care is as important for the future as the women's skin.
It's a fact that men spend very less time on taking care of their skin and more time damaging it through outdoor activities. Your face is the first thing people notice about you, that is why it is very important to take care of your skin. Here are some tips on men's skin care:
• Men have reported to have approximately 15% more oily skin than women. That means it gets dirtier with the larger pores on your skin. Clean your face at least twice a day. In addition to cleaning, frequently deep clean your face to remove the dirt and clear your pores to make your skin healthy and look good. Make sure your deep cleanser is without any chemicals. An occasional scrubbing is also necessary for men's skin care. Moisturize your skin after every wash. Make sure the skin care products you use have least amount of chemicals in them.
• The next step to men's skin care is toning your skin. Men are out in the sun more than the women, and thus their skin tends to collect more debris and pollutants that are present in the air. Use toners that contain glycolic or alpha hydroxyl acids, as these work best for toning the skin. Keep in mind to purchase toners that are not photosensitive.
• There are different products in the market for treating your skin. The products vary depending on the skin type. Exfoliating is also very important in men's skin care. It removes the dead skin cells that are formed daily. Many men use after shave lotions to moisturize their skin. Make sure these do not contain alcohol or any heavy fragrance in them, as they tend to irritate the skin.
• Healthy skin is a good looking skin. Protect your skin to keep it looking younger for a longer time. There are many protective techniques for men's skin:
1. Protect your skin from exposure to the sun. Sun damage to your skin can turn into serious skin diseases. Apply a sun block lotion whenever you go out that has SPF 15 or higher.
2. Exercising promotes capillary function and thus reduces the chances of premature aging of skin. It increases the blood circulation and oxygenates the tissues, which result in a young looking skin.
3. Make sure you have a daily diet that contains all the necessary vitamins like C and E.
4. Too much of a good thing is bad. So it goes for alcohol, smoking, stress, etc. These factors lead to premature aging and also decrease the circulation of blood and oxygen in your body which makes your skin look older.